Module 5 Active Healthy Mother
Reducing Sedentary Behaviours
How do I reduce sedentary behaviours?
- Minimise the amount of time spent sitting per day
- Break up long periods of sitting as often as possible
Ideas for reducing sedentary behaviour:
- Park further from work or the shops and walk the rest of the way
- Go for a walk around the house every ad break
- Walk whilst on the telephone
- Take a five minute walking break every hour at work – your brain will thank you too!
- Take the stairs instead of the lift at work
- Do a mini-workout after every meal/snack
- Consider a standing desk or stand during meetings